Performance Issue with Sublayers - Any Suggestions?

QCAD Version: 3.32.9.0 (3.32.9)

Install: qcad-3.32.9-pro-macos-13-26-qt6-arm64.dmg

Operating System:
MacOS 15.7.9
M1 MAX
64Gb Memory

Drawing has 5225 Entities and 74 Layers ( 15 Parent Layers )

Attached a version that has no entities to show the layer list I have.

I proceed like this:
When I toggle a layer to expand/expose sublayers.

This is what I expect to happen:
Near instantaneous response. Attached file is a simple example that works fine.

This is what happens instead:
There is a substantial delay (3 to 4 seconds ) from click to expand.
If I delete all entities from the drawing the Layer toggle is near instantaneous response.

I have tried freezing and hiding Hatch and Text layers but it makes no difference.

Am I hitting a limit in the capabilities?
Any suggestion on how to improrve layer performance?

Thanks
Layer Test.dxf (97.0 KB)

Can you please elaborate on that?

Does that mean that you click the down arrow beside the layer to expand or collapse the sublayers in the list (without changing any layer visibility).

Or that you toggle the visibility of a parent layer (thereby toggling the visibility of all sub layers as well)?

Please attach, e-mail or private message the actual file that demonstrates the problem, so we can try to reproduce it, thanks.

Sorry if I was not clear when I said “toggle a layer to expand/expose sublayers”. Image attached to show the point of action.

I’ll send the full file later by email.

Image attached.

File sent by private message.

I was able to substantially increase the performance of the Layers Expand by deleting a series of very dense Hatch entities. They were Gravel and Sand at a scale of 1. Once deleted the performance was back to normal. Note I tried to lock and hide the hatch layers in question first but it did not help.

( In the drawing I sent by private message the layer deleted the hatch entities from was Plan - Foundation : Aggregates )

Thanks for looking into this.

Don

Thanks.

Bug report at:

This has been fixed for the next release.

Thanks for looking into this! I will await the next release.
Best regards
Don