Is the QCAD E-Book up to date?

Hello,

I want to buy QCAD Professional and would like to buy the e-book as well.

The printed version is dated November 29, 2008.

Is the e-book version up to date?

Thank you very much and best regards,
BlueSky

The printed book and the e-book are both identical, both first released in 2008 and last updated in 2018.

The book is intended for beginners to cover the basics of QCAD and CAD in general (layers, blocks, object snaps, coordinates, etc.) without aiming to cover all of the tools or details available in the latest versions of QCAD.

Okay, so does that mean the pictures in the e-book are from 2018?

Haven’t there been any major changes over the past 8 years?

The basics are definitely interesting to me, and I hope it isn’t too outdated. I’d buy it.

Yes, a lot of functionality has been added in the last 8 years such as new tools, new snap functions, support for exporting and importing other formats, new entity types, etc:

However, the basics are still the same, so the book which covers only the basics still applies. But it certainly does not cover all aspects of QCAD. It never did and was never meant to do so.

All right. Thank you for your help and explanations.

I’m going to buy the book because I definitely want to learn the basics. :+1: