DXF support in recent versions of QCAD

2026-07-19 26-0679 CO.dxf (62.2 KB)

2026-07-19 26-0679 CO _sketch.dxf (149.4 KB)

Running 3.32.9 pro on Windows 11, AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS with 780M graphics, 32 GB RAM, doesn’t open some DXF files that previous versions of QCAD did support. This DXF is simple and doesn’t have a lot of data in it. I was running a previous version of QCAD that was able to open the DXF but now after updating to the latest version, I can’t open it anymore. Sorry I don’t know what version the previous install of QCAD was. I also created a DXF with this previous version of QCAD and now I can’t open this new DXF with QCAD, even going back to v3.32.3. I am using the pro version and I have paid for the license for the last few years. I’ll attach two DXF files. The DXF file that ends in “_sketch” was created by a previous version of QCAD. the other one: 2026-07-19 26-0679 CO.dxf was created by a Trimble TSC5 Android device running Trimble Access. (used for surveying).

I cannot reproduce this here with QCAD 3.32.9 on Windows.

Could you please indicate what “doesn’t open” means exactly? Is there an error message? Does QCAD crash? Does the file open but the drawing area remains blank? Something else? Please provide a screenshot if helpful, thanks.

After uninstall and reboot and reinstall it’s working fine now. QCAD wasn’t crashing and the error was import failed or something like that. I thought that uninstall and reinstall wouldn’t help since I already had uninstalled and installed an older version. Maybe rebooting after the uninstall helped. Thanks for asking anyway.

Thanks for your feedback. This sounds like the files might have been locked by another application, a very common problem under Windows systems when applications are reserving files for their exclusive use.